Syncfusion Launches Orubase Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development Tool
Bangalore: Syncfusion, a leading provider of components for Windows development, announced the release of Orubase, a cross-platform mobile application development tool that enables .NET developers to easily build hybrid mobile applications. Orubase includes native wrapper frameworks for the iOS, Android, and Windows Phone platforms. As a result, .NET developers can leverage their existing web development skills to produce powerful, 100-percent native mobile applications that work on a broad range of devices.
A recent survey by analyst firm IDC, sponsored by SAP/Appcelerator, found mobile application developers' biggest challenges included dealing with multiple operating systems, dealing with multiple device classes, learning many languages (such as Java and Objective-C), building a compelling user interface/user experience, managing many code bases, and integrating data sources. For enterprises with Microsoft-related assets, Orubase solves all of these challenges.
Using the Orubase Wizard, developers can effortlessly build starter projects. The Wizard creates a template with native navigation components for mobile web, iOS, Android and Windows Phone platforms. Generated projects are ready to run and can be customized easily within the respective IDEs.
“Orubase saves .NET developers time and makes their job easier by solving many of the challenges associated with fragmentation. It provides an extensive set of mobile web controls that can be directly used in web applications to produce stunning platform-specific user interfaces,” said Daniel Jebaraj, vice president of Syncfusion.
Key features include:
1. Truly native navigation- key navigation elements that control the user's navigation experience are implemented with native code.
2. Complete bridge to native application programming interfaces (APIs) on each of the supported device platforms- common native APIs such as contacts, notifications, accelerometer, and camera are readily supported and work seamlessly with applications.
3. More than 18 well-tested mobile controls have been implemented and work exclusively with the standard Microsoft ASP.NET MVC framework. Automatic platform-specific rendering enables mobile controls to automatically render iOS, Android and Windows Phone interfaces from a single view.
4. Support for encryption- developers have access to advanced encryption support.
5. Leverages the Microsoft data- access stack to integrate data from any source including Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Azure, SQLite, enterprise ERP systems, web services, and more. Use language-integrated query (LINQ) or any other API available from within the .NET environment to access data.
The web components and hybrid layer of Orubase are provided by Syncfusion. Orubase does not contain third-party tools or components, and is backed by Syncfusion's end-to-end technical support. Syncfusion recently used Orubase to build iOS and Android mobile applications for its online support system, Direct-Trac, which are now available at Apple's App Store and Google Play.
"Orubase enables us to deliver custom native apps within our DoctorDirect product line to our customers. We especially like how Orubase works with an MVC code base," said Dean Newton, Director of Business Development at NurseLineMD. "Syncfusion has an unparalleled track record when it comes to .NET development tools and their customer support team is a true partner when challenges present themselves."
Post your Comment
All form fields are required.