Market Analysis: A need for the Application Developers
Bangalore: Mobile application developers while developing apps should not only pay attention to what they want or how they want their app to be. One more thing that developers need to keep in mind is the market scenario such as the type of users and their needs. Ultimately, it is the end user who will be using the app. An app that meets the requirements of the user would eventually be praised while those which falls below users expectations will lose their popularity.
International Data Corporation (IDC) a premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for IT, Telecommunications, and consumer technology markets, in one of its recent study found that the success with mobile applications starts with aiming the right audience. It provided a deep, consumer-segment based viewpoint of the global mobile app market, including essential guidance for vendors, marketers, and app developers.
ConsumerScape 360°, an IDC research program, acknowledge six distinct consumer market segments. They are:
1. Tech Evangelists
2. Impulse Buyers
3. Disengaged Functionalists
4. Green Buyers
5. Experimental Adopters
6. Pragmatic Purchasers
The Tech Evangelists market segment was identified as the most influential when to come to development of mobile apps as well as they are well versed when it comes to technology. There is an expected increase of about 10% in 2012 as compared to 2011 with regards to their spending on apps and technology. Michael DeHart, Director of IDC's Global ConsumerScape 360° program said, "Tech evangelists not only own the most devices and utilize the most advanced functions, features, and apps, they are also the group that drives adoption of device ownership and usage by other market segments.”
Other research insights revealed by the Global ConsumerScape 360°
1. 85% of the market app comprise of free applications.
2. Entertainment, books, music, games are some of the most popular free apps in the market.
3. American and Swedish users are highly occupied with apps while there is a likelihood for South Koreans to buy both paid and free apps
4. The usage of apps highly depends on the country as well as the market scenario. It was also found out that the categories of apps remains the same, however the download and the usage varies across market sector.
Post your Comment
All form fields are required.