AirWatch Offers Comprehensive Support for Apple iOS 6
Bangalore: AirWatch, the global leader and innovator in mobile security, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM), Mobile Content Management (MCM), Mobile Email Management (MEM) and BYOD management, announces comprehensive support for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices running Apple iOS 6 the same day it is made publicly available by Apple.
iOS 6 features Siri and Passbook upgrades and enhancements to the photo, mail, phone and map applications. Additionally, iOS 6 includes new MDM benefits.
New MDM capabilities:
AirWatch’s MDM functionality, leveraging iOS 6, enables organizations to:
• Disable Shared Photo Stream
• Disable Passbook from appearing on the screen when the device is locked
• Automatically remove profiles at a certain date or after a given period of time
• Set the device wallpaper for the lock screen, home screen or both
• Prevent recent contacts from syncing to the mail server
New MDM capabilities applicable to devices set-up in supervised mode with Apple Configurator:
AirWatch’s MDM functionality, leveraging iOS 6 and Apple Configurator supervised device capabilities, enables organizations to:
• Lock down devices to one app with App Lock and disable the home button
• Force all device network traffic through a global HTTP proxy
• Prevent installation of certificates or unmanaged configuration profiles
• Disable iMessage
• Disable Game Center and iBookstore and set iBookstore content rating restrictions
“Same day support for Apple iOS 6 is critical for our enterprise and education customers to support their BYOD initiatives. IT administrators around the world depend on AirWatch to empower their employees with the latest devices while maintaining the highest security standards,” said John Marshall, CEO, AirWatch. “With the largest global development organization in the MDM industry, we’re able to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.”
Post your Comment
All form fields are required.